Monday, September 22, 2008

Tall Tales Part 2 - Stephanie


In my first Tall Tales post, i wrote about my introduction of the slightly quirky and ever so fascinating "amazon community" . The endless obsession of smaller men with tall and "amazonian" women, and the particular brand of fetishes which are associated with this fixation.


ah good old obsolete society norms

The more i read, the more i found myself interested in the phenomenon, and the more i found myself amused and with that a bit of additional digging into the phenomenon, this time with a woman by the name of Stephanie Towers - sometimes last name coincidences are just a treat aren't they? /irony
Stephanie is a 26 year old Canadian native who is now full time mom to two, lives in NJ with her boyfriend and is studying sociology and Japanese, which offcourse leads to her goal of being an air-traffic controler , an obvious career path. Stephanie is also 6'6" tall and a fledgling Internet Amazon:


Stantz: how were you introduced to the amazon scene?

Stephanie: I wasn't introduced really, I ran into it, I had no idea what i had found myself in and was a little freaked out at first. The fans found me on myspace and this site i joined to meet some tall friends - they asked me creepy questions and made odd comments. they can search by height on myspace and the other site i was on for tall friends, all the women are tall there

Stantz: how did you feel about such a prominent feature of yours, in this case you're statuesque height, being so fixated on by such a massive group of people? was it a bit odd?
Stephanie: It wasn't such a massive group then, just a few people but it was odd to start off with, now it seems normal

Stantz: did you find that having a group of admirers actually boosted your ego?
Stephanie: the attention is definitely nice but no, my confidence was pretty high to start off with.



Stantz: would you say you were always comfortable with your size?
Stephanie: not when i was going through middle school because i was a head taller than everyone all the time. Once late high school and college rolled around i was extremely confident with it. i would wear heels and always stand straight. the height hasn't factored into any personal relationships yet though, i don't want to date someone who only is in it for the height

Stantz: do you feel like youve set up your own "must be this tall for this ride" mental sign, when it comes to that?

Stephanie: no i date short guys too, just not guys with the fetish.

Stantz: is it the constant idea of "is this person with me because of my personality, because of my looks, or is he there because he somehow enjoys being towered over?"
Stephanie: yes that is why i wont date someone with the fetish because i don't know if they want me or just someone tall and could care less who, tall girls my size are on the rare side so they pretty much take what they can get is what has been my experience. i can tell who has a fetish and who doesn't after talking with them a little while, i love all the fans though, fetish or not, they are very sweet people and always respectful.

Stantz: looking around the sites and groups dedicated to amazons it seems that there are very specific interests or fetishes which are associated with the scene, some are as simple as a tall girl towering over a shorter person, to more odd activities such person lifting and what seems to be aspects of domination. , what was your initial reaction to those?
Stephanie: I love love love love to try new things so I was quite excited to find all these new aspects. The amazon world is a whole combination of fetishes and activities, it's really interested me, fascinated me even.


Stantz: it seems to me divided into 3 aspects (and please correct me if I'm wrong here because i might be) the size difference aspect, the idea of a taller woman manhandling a shorter person, and or a form of domination or at least aggressiveness i guess, did any of it make you a bit uncomfortable? or at least surprise you?
Stephanie: it actually branches out into more than those three, also asphyxiation and foot worship, fitness etc ( like to see a tall woman lifting a large weight or riding a bike etc), muscle worship etc boob smothering, and face sitting, so i guess what i am saying is feet and muscles are also a big turn on in and of themselves .

konichiwa cieling

Stantz: why do you think that is? what do you think is behind the "admiration" which is pointed at your direction and apparently branches off into so many sub-fetishes?
Stephanie: i don't know...it's the same question really as to what causes a fetish, i don't know the answer to that, and if you ask around to the guys and girls, they don't know either, they just like what they like, some can break it down to a situation in their childhood but most have no idea.

Stantz: yeai guess so , though i still think there is more to it then a personal preferences, when i first glanced at the groups and sites it seemed like a blatant "mommy issue" type of deal, but i think there is more to that, and its obvious it has to do with control, maybe because someone's larger size is always considered to be this control advantage on some primal level.
Stephanie: true,

Stantz: have you spoken with any other "Internet amazons" about the community at large?
Stephanie: i have met amazon Amanda and Mikayla Miles in person, we didn't speak extensively on the community but they have given me pointers on the fetishes and also on what to expect when i was first starting as an official amazon.

Stantz: are you currently involved with anyone? how do they feel about their partner being an "internet amazon" ?
Stephanie: he doesn't like the attention i get, would prefer i was only his but supports me just the same, and i give him credit because he does support me even though he hates it which is hard to do i know that much

Stantz: i noticed that certain fans ask about "sessions" not to sound like a complete newbie, but what are those?
Stephanie: it is personal one on one time with the fan, they see you for an hour and can compare height, be lifted, worship your feet etc, what you do in a session depends on the amazon but there is never any sex or sexual things going on.

Stantz: so actually get to live out in some ways their particular interests or desires at least for a small amount of time, I'm guessing that for them its actually a pretty great idea, I'm sure to the fan the experience is sexual, and on that note has has your interaction been with the fans? has it been mostly positive? have things ever gotten a bit creepy?
Stephanie: mostly positive, i had to kick one fan out one time but usually they are well behaved and respectful, i have really enjoyed the one on one time actually.

Stantz: do you think your experience with the community or scene, has actually had an effect on how you view yourself? you did mention being pretty positive before and confident, but you think overall it had a good effect on you?
Stephanie: I am a pretty strong person so the community has not affected how i see myself, i am pretty much the same but i have noticed that the increased interaction with the fans and people in general has made me take less shit from people so to speak. i think that might just be a growing up thing, but it might be because of the community, i am not sure

Stantz: o what are your goals now as far as being an "internet amazon" and also in general as a person?
Stephanie: s far as the Internet amazon thing, my first goal is to get this site finally running ( just waiting for the payment processing) and have fun with it. in general as a person I want to start a career in air traffic control, keep doing a great job of raising my boys, learn Japanese, and increase my fitness level

Stantz: o basically you are saying you want to control the airways, a future generation and japan and become stronger?
Stephanie: i always aim high, my fav quote is the minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for!!

Stantz: learn how to say that in Japanese

You can check out Stephanie Towers by going to her Yahoo Group, Myspace, or Site which will open shortly




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stanton,
My name is Rob K. I was reading this interview, and from what I can tell “ at least from the pictures and interview “😁
Is that she is a pretty smart woman. To say nothing of the fact that she is unbelievably stunning and I would love a chance to actually meet her and get to know her. Is there any chance you could help a guy out and maybe forward my info to her? In the interview it said she was with someone, but I don’t know if that is still the fact. Now that it’s 2018. I live in the Napa Valley, and would honestly like to get to know her if she’s up for it! Not being the fetish type notwithstanding, and not being too concerned if she can pick up my car and put it on the roof of my house😁 I just want to take her out, and see what she’s all about and see about what’s next... later😉 hit me up on my email, and I can give you my contact info. Thanks brother, and have a Great Labor Day weekend. Rob K Rk2412@yahoo.com or rk292412@gmail.com